vrijdag 11 mei 2007

Voice-over: Engels

My name is Neptune. For decades I’ve been guarding my Marnixplaats, in the museum area of Antwerp. I don’t think I’ve seen you here. What a pity. Do you want to look around?

Our first stop is Tuf Tuf. A little book shop with an enormous amount of second-hand books. If you have got the time and the courage to explore the dozens piles of books & comics, Tuf Tuf is your place to be. But you have to be careful if you want something at the bottom of the pile. If you don’t watch out you will be buried in books!

All right, I can see you’re hungry. Do you fancy some fish? Then let’s go to the Danish restaurant Fiskebar. The opening was just a couple of months ago, but it has already become one of the most visited restaurants of the Marnixplaats. Speciality is the grilled fish, without much heavy sauces, but just with plain, fresh flavours. A real feast for everyone who loves seafood!

Okay, we’re full. I think we’re ready for some culture. A place worth visiting is the Raamtheater. Founded in 1977, the Raamtheater has become one of the prominent theatres in Antwerp. With its unique authors-theatre and daring plays, the Raamtheater has received the respect it earns in the cultural world of Antwerp.

And so our journey comes to an end. I can see you’re impressed by my square and you should be. The Marnixplaats maybe isn’t the most famous square in Antwerp, but it definitely deserves your attention. And so do I.

Geen opmerkingen: